St Ann’s Heath Junior School
PE and Sports Premium Funding 2018-19
The PE and sports premium funding is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer.
We are committed to using this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
In 2018/19 we will receive £18,820. After completing an audit of PE and sports provision, speaking to staff and children, our key priorities for this academic year that would most benefit our children are:
- Purchase sports equipment to support the delivery of high quality PE lessons
- Improve the outside space to enhance sport and physical activity for all
- To support the delivery of lunchtime activities and train LSAs on playground games to promote physical activity at lunchtimes
- Provide time for teachers to be released from class to observe and team teach with specialist sports coaches
Below is a summary or our planned expenditure:
Improved playground area and flooring - £9000.00
Specialist sports coaches to teach 2 days a week - £8694.32
Sports team kit - £461.23
PE equipment - £609.45
ERPSSA membership - £55.00